Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's About Time A Man Does The Time!

Ok, a new story is flooding the internet about a man who claims to be pregnant. I know what you are thinking and no this isn't something I read on The Enquirer or Star Magazine (no offense).

Thomas Beatie, a transgendered man who lives in Oregon, tells his story in a first-person account published in The Advocate -- a magazine for lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgendered people. Beatie, who used to be a woman is about five months pregnant with a girl.

In the story, Beatie reveals that he is legally male and married to a woman named Nancy.

"Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights," he says in the article.

Beatie said he stopped taking his testosterone injections to get pregnant. He claims to have already gone through an ectopic pregnancy.

Beatie, who got pregnant through home insemination, said it was a "life-threatening event" that resulted in the loss of all the embryos (he had triplets) and his right fallopian tube.

Now, his second time getting pregnant, Beatie says the pregnancy is free of complications.

"How does it feel to be a pregnant man? Incredible," he says in the article.

"Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am."

The estimated due date is July 3, 2008.

No comments: