Monday, March 24, 2008

Corinne Baily Rae's Husband Found Dead

The husband of singer Corinne Bailey Rae has died of a suspected drugs overdose. Jason Rae, a saxophonist with the Haggis Horns, was found dead at a flat in Leeds.

West Yorkshire police said: “At 3.15pm yesterday [Saturday] the body of a 31-year-old man was found at a flat in the Hyde Park area.

“A 32-year-old man was arrested for supplying controlled substances and has since been released on police bail.”

A post-mortem was inconclusive and police are waiting for the results of toxicology tests.

The Haggis Horns had been due to play a gig at the HiFi Club in Leeds on Sunday night. The club confirmed that the concert had been canceled.

Leeds-born Corinne Bailey Rae, 29, shot to fame in 2006 with the release of her self-titled debut album. The record went to number one in the UK charts and sold over a million copies in the US, as well as producing the hit single ‘Put Your Records On’.

The couple met at Jazz club The Underground in Leeds and married in 2001. “I was Corinne Bailey. I added on Rae, my husband’s name, when I got married,” she said, “there’s no hyphen - stops it being posh!”

She recently said of her marriage: “When I got married, I felt like I was older in my head. “I knew Jason was the right one for a mixture of reasons. I really liked him, and I think that’s a good place to start from. “And I really liked hanging around with him. With Jason it was like I couldn’t see enough of him.”

Source & Photo credit: Showbizspy.com

No comments: